Looking Back, Looking Forward: Welcome 2020s!

Hello, readers, and Happy New Year! I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season with friends and family. I once again find myself in my hometown of Rochester, N.Y., anxiously awaiting the start of my fourth semester at Holy Cross. Although being home has been restful and quite enjoyable, I simply cannot wait to return to the Hill. I definitely miss my friends, as well as having more of a structured schedule to my day. Let’s face it—a person can play only so many hours of NBA 2K20 each day before even it becomes boring.

There are several additional reasons, however, for my eagerness to return to campus. As mentioned in a previous post, I am very excited for the classes that I was able to enroll in for the upcoming semester. I will be taking Research Methods for the Psychology major, Development of Social Theory for the Sociology major, Kafka, Hesse, Mann & Contemporary Literature for the German minor, as well as Ecological Spirituality as a Religious Studies requirement. I must also mention that I was able to create a schedule for myself in which I have ZERO classes on Fridays. If that’s not something worth looking forward to, then I’m not sure what is.

Additionally, I have been spending a portion of my break preparing to apply to a UK Summer Fulbright Institute. Specifically, I have my sights set on spending a month of this coming summer studying at Queen’s University in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Although the scholarship is extremely competitive, I believe the program would be the perfect alternative to studying abroad for me, and I am extremely interested in the University’s summer course offerings through the program. More on this process to come!

As mentioned, I also have several sports broadcasting opportunities this coming semester. In fact, I will be scouting out the men’s basketball team in their home matchup against Navy on Sunday, January 5th. I will admit, however, that I am not making the long journey to Worcester for the sole purpose of seeing this game. Rather, I will stopping by Worcester on my return home from a Celtics versus Hawks game in Boston on Friday. I can’t wait to catch some great basketball!

Clearly, the opportunities to begin the new decade are abundant. I’m very grateful to be in this position, and I feel ready to make this year even more memorable than the last. I truly do believe that the best is yet to come, and I cannot wait to write about it. Until then, Happy New Year, and Go Crusaders!